Calcium has a structural role in bones and teeth. Calcium is essential for cellular structure, muscle contraction, nerve transmission, enzyme activation and hormone function. Bone density increases in the first 30 years of life, reaching its peak at about the age of 30. Afterwards, bone density declines, and the decline increases more rapidly in women after menopause. Vitamin D is essential for promoting the absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus and normal calcification of the skeleton.
Available Sizes: 120 capsules / 90 Capsules
- Maintain/support healthy teeth
- Maintain/support bone health
- A diet deficient in calcium can lead to osteoporosis in later life. Calcium may help prevent osteoporosis when dietary intake is inadequate
- Vitamin D helps calcium absorption (or words of like intent) and a diet deficient in calcium can lead to osteoporosis in later life
- Maintain/support healthy muscle contraction functio
- Maintain/support nerve conduction